GEORGE CLOONEY was the highest paid actor in the world over the past year, which is a pretty amazing accomplishment. Even more amazing? He did it WITHOUT having to do any acting.
George hasn’t been in any movies this year, but he made $233 million from the recent $1 BILLION purchase of his ‘Casamigos’ tequila brand . . . and he got some more dough from his endorsements and older movies.
George made a total of $239 million . . . easily enough to be #1 on the annual “Forbes” list of ‘The Highest Paid Actors.’ DWAYNE ‘THE ROCK’ JOHNSON is a distant second with $124 million.
He was also #2 last year . . . behind Mark Wahlberg of all people.
Here’s this year’s Top 10:
1. George Clooney, $239 million
2. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, $124 million
3. Robert Downey Jr., $81 million
4. Chris Hemsworth, $64.5 million
5. Jackie Chan, $45.5 million . . . Mostly from the Chinese box office, and his endorsements there.
6. Will Smith, $42 million
7. Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar, $40.5 million
8. Adam Sandler, $39.5 million . . . Mostly through his deal with Netflix.
9. Bollywood actor Salman Khan, $38.5 million
10. Chris Evans, $34 million